2.0

On July 1 2017 Open Table sent me a gift card "OpenTable sent you a $50.00 Dining Rewards Gift" based on the number and type of reservations I'd made through them..On January 25 2018 when I tried to redeem it I got a card for $25 with this explanation "I've taken a look, and it seems that in this case $25 was the full value of the reward you redeemed.

The new system is designed with versatility in mind. Under the old system, you would have been able to choose from a much smaller selection of restaurants, but each of those offerings would have been for a $50 card. Now, all of those $50 offerings are still there, but you can also redeem points for most non-participating restaurants. Since we can't issue our own gift cards for these restaurants and are instead using a third party service for them, we unfortunately have to offer them at a lesser value, which is still useful if there are very few participating restaurants in your area or perhaps you just really want to dine at this particular restaurant.

This is why 5,000 points are specified on the website as being good for a $25 or $50 gift card, instead of just $50".

Now they are certainly allowed to run their gift program as they wish but I was not warned ahead of time that this is how they ran it: ie.discounting.

Review about: Opentable Dining Rewards Program.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

I too had the exact same thing happen to me on 1/27/2018.Opentable never used to be this way.

I've been using the app since Opentable launched and over the years have received numerous $50 dining rewards.

When I went to use the $50 dining reward last night, I received a $25 dining reward.I too feel this is very misleading and I too feel I'm owed another $25 dining reward.